World Environment Day is on the corner (5 June, annually) ─ the day that sheds light on the pressing environmental challenges of our times.
As global citizens, let’s take a dive into the current global and environmental issues we are all facing and together create winning strategies and best practices to encounter them.
Join a webinar held by SEAMEO Regional Centre for Sufficiency Economy Philosophy for Sustainability (SEAMEO SEPS) in collaboration with Indorama Ventures PCL (IVL), and Yunus Thailand Foundation titled “Beating Plastic Pollution” this Monday, 5 June 2023.
✔️ Create an awareness of the current global and environmental issues and their effects on the communities and lives
✔️ Build awareness of teachers and students on environmental issues, waste management, and circular economy and encourage active actions in saving the environment in schools, families, and communities
✔️ Share the winning strategies or best practices for addressing the plastic problems at schools and communities
✔️ Free educational resources of “Waste Hero” to schools and teachers
✔️ Meet with distinguished guest speakers
✔️ E-certificates provided to participants
• Datuk Dr Habiba binti Abdul Rahim, Director of SEAMEO Secretariat
• Ms Duriya Amatavivat, Centre Director, SEAMEO SEPS
• Dr Faryal Khan, Programme Specialist for Education, UNESCO Multisectoral Regional Office (UNESCO Bangkok)
• Mr Colm Jordan, Global Head Advocacy and Education, Indorama Ventures PCL
• Dr Suree Satapoomin, Marine Resources Management Specialist from the Department of Marine and Coastal Resources, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Thailand
• SM St Patrick Tawau, Malaysia: Mr Lee Ken Voon, Principal (the Winner of the 2020 SEAMEO-Japan ESD Award, Theme: Addressing Plastic Problems for Transforming Communities)
• Mr Brian Carraway, Circular Economy Lead, Yunus Thailand Foundation
® Registration: https://forms.gle/mc8kKjHkaP53aEjm6
⏰ Time: 14:00 PM - 15:30 PM
Watch live event via SEAMEO SEPS Youtube (5 June 2023): https://www.youtube.com/@seameoseps9118/streams